Senior SolarWinds Monitoring Engineer
Worthing Office or Remote Work, Full Time, Competitive Salary
The Senior Engineer (Network, Field & Systems) will undertake a number of duties to ensure the smooth delivery of onsite and offsite professional services consultancy and training on the SolarWinds® suite of IT monitoring and management solutions. They work to ensure that all engagements are delivered to a high level and meet customer needs.
The Senior Engineer (Network, Field & Systems) is proactive in their work habits, is commercially driven with an entrepreneurial approach to business. They are excellent communicators who are quick to build relationships at all levels, are highly organised and understand the need for accuracy in all aspects of the role.
The Senior Engineer is the standard bearer for the team and required to uphold the standards and expectations across all facets of the job role and the business at all times. The candidate will be unwavering in their attitude and approach with demonstrable confidence, they will be inspirational to their colleagues and direct peers whilst assisting in fostering an environment of growth and support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Professional Services Delivery:
- Ensure all engagements are delivered to a high standard
- Complete engagements remotely or onsite for customers as required
- Create design documents based on requirements. This includes from short statement of works, to HLDs, LLDs and implementation plans
- Complete health checks and ensure documentation is produced in a timely manner for the Account Manager
- Complete documentation as required by company policy and procedures
- Ensure all data captured and all documentation associated with a project is uploaded in the correct files on the server and CRM
- Ensure compliance to company expense policy
- Hold presales and scoping calls with customers in order to identify technical requirements
- Attending/holding customer meetings/calls with Account Manager to present and uncover customer requirements
- Provide solution demonstrations
- Deliver SolarWinds training for customers as appropriate and deliver this onsite or offsite as required
- Work with in our ethos of internal knowledge sharing amongst team members, assist in the training of other team members in own area of expertise
- Contribute to the internal repository of knowledge resources
- Help the support team solving support tickets on an adhoc basis
- Keep up to date with new features and versions of the SolarWinds products
- Write blog posts about SolarWinds features
What We’re Looking For
The Senior Engineer (Network, Field & Systems) will need to be highly organised with experience in a similar role and either directly with SolarWinds or similar monitoring solutions to a high level. They will have an overall high degree of technical knowledge and proficiency.
They must have a flexible attitude, be prepared to work to tight deadlines, with changing priorities and enjoy the challenges of working in a demanding role. They will be a quick learner with a pleasant demeanour who is able to work co-operatively with a wide variety of people and be able to challenge and suggest improvements where applicable. Reliable, dependable and willing to pitch in at all times, they will be used to delivering training to a high standard and working in a customer facing role.
Essential Skills Required:
- At least two years experience installing and configuring SolarWinds Orion, or similar monitoring tools
- Positive, flexible, proactive attitude with a strong sense of responsibility to ensure the highest standards are met throughout the business
- Expert with Network and Application Management protocols such as SNMP, SNMP Traps, Syslog, ICMP, WMI, Netflow,…
- High attention to detail
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Calm, organised and able to work well within a team
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload
- Previous use of CRM/database applications
- High degree of technical knowledge across a wide range of platforms
Desirable Skills (not essential):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology
- Industry certifications such as CCNA, CCNP, Comptia+, MCSE…
- Working knowledge of LAN / WAN configurations, Switches, Routers and security appliances.
- Network administration and troubleshooting skills (DHCP/Static, TCP/IP, DNS)
- Scripting/programming knowledge in PowerShell, Perl, Python or similar
- SQL query knowledge including joins and data functions
- Experience of delivering technical training to users
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Excellent benefits
- Cycle scheme + Childcare vouchers
- Additional days holiday for each year of service (up to 25 days)
- Company pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
This job application is open until 31st March 2021. If selected, the next stage will be a telephone interview.
If selected, you will be based at our office in Worthing town centre, or work remotely from home.
Mon – Friday 9am to 5:30pm GMT. This is a full time position. You’re required to work 37.5 hours spread across the working week.
Our Mission & Values
A key aspect of our Prosperon is our people. Dedication and success are recognised throughout the company, and everyone works hard to ensure customer satisfaction. Our divisions are made up of highly motivated and experienced individuals, who are focused on providing insight and support, whilst maintaining the highest level of service.
One team. No exceptions, we are a family united by a clear purpose.
We put our people first; and our people put our customers first.
Strive for Excellence; and continue to search for Improvements.